The Foundry is looking to expand our team with a IT Business Consultant who brings to the table a combination of Business Analysis, Consulting and Project Management skills. The ideal candidate is comfortable managing groups of internal and external stakeholders to fulfill key strategic initiatives related to Customer Experience technologies. You will be a key participant in the selection of the most effective solution, manage requirements throughout the project life cycle, and ensure IT deliverables meet the requirements of our clients.
You must be technical enough to clearly understand a development framework, logical enough to coordinate delivery while thinking out loud, and professional enough to be able to create a “Wow” factor in every gig.
Reporting to Director of Delivery Management, you would be tasked to continually improve the Business Analysis processes at the Foundry. The successful candidate would also be responsible for defining the business requirements, functional specifications, quality processes, and corresponding traceability of resulting solution to customer business objectives.
- Manages the requirements-elicitation process with internal and external clients of varying technical skills, and directs the clients to solutions consistent with satisfying their key business objectives
- Validate the solutions against requirements
- Experience with JAD
- Own and continually improves the BA processes
- Assist with request for proposal responses
- Travel to client locations across Canada and US (30- 50%)
- Provide user documentation and training sufficient to train users and to ‘train the trainer’ so projects are effectively handed over to the client
- Ability to adapt technologically and functionally to a growing set of Foundry solution offerings
- You may be asked to perform other ancillary or related duties as required, to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Frequency Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates in Canada will be considered for the position, no relocation is being offered. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without the need for a Visa sponsorship.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in business, IT or relevant area of focus
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Senior Business Analyst
- At least 3 years of experience facilitating discussions with key business stakeholders at all levels, including senior executives, to drive out clear and concise requirements to ensure the solution will address the desired outcome
- At least 3 years analysis of business processes, workflow, business requirements and business process re-engineering
- Experience in all aspects of requirements gathering, use case model walkthrough with business users and communicating use case requirements to the application delivery team;
- Fundamental understanding of software development life cycles and application release management
- Able to work within a team and also independently with minimal supervision.
- Adapt to an environment with changing priorities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Thrives in ambiguity and conflicting priorities
- Excellent facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Ability to pro-actively propose solutions to meet the business needs of the organisations
Nice to have(s)
- Experience in the Public Sector or Higher Education Sector
- Experience with CRM, specifically the Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM platform
- Desire to remain current on different technologies and/or business trends
- CBAP Designation
- Project Management experience